Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011

One benefit to this project of my mine is that my birthday happens to coincide with New Year's.  Much of what I want to do with my year of discovery is similar to what people do for their New Year's Resolutions--I want to redirect my life for the better.  Only I might just be a little far reaching than, say, someone trying to lose ten pounds.  The fact that I'm pretty much trying to review and redirect everything in my life makes me feel more like the people on the Biggest Loser than your average New Years Resolver.  But, the fact that it's New Year's means there is a wealth of information and resources out there right now about making effective change in your life.  None of them really fits perfectly, but they do give me some inspiration and ideas, so I've been reading them nonstop anyway.

I have to admit, I really love New Year's.  I love being told that I can start over from scratch and that it's okay.  I love hearing that there are millions of other people out there who are in the same boat as me, and we are all doing our best to better ourselves.  I think that's kind of cool.

It's the perfectionist in me that has to be reined in during times of inspiration.  Well, the perfectionist in me AND the over-reaching delusional dreamer in me.  Needless to say, I tend to not be very realistic with my goals.  Or persistent through bumps and obstacles.

There are two books right now that I'm using as starting points to develop my Strategy for Change.  One was a gift from a co-worker at my old job called Five: Where Will You Be Five Years From Now and the other is Renaissance Soul.

I'm hoping to have my Strategy completed by the end of the weekend, and will post it then.  Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment