Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Call me Farmer Caroline, thank you very much

OMG!  I just found out we got a plot in the new community garden in our neighborhood.  Holy Shit!  I am SO excited.

It's one of my goals, you see.  That list (that I just realized I still haven't published---oops) of goals I've made for myself for the next three years--a three year plan of sorts.  One of these goals is that I really want to learn how to grow some of my own food (as well as preserve it).  So I am just giddy over this surprising new development!  I mean, this plot is like GOLD in Chicago.  There aren't many community garden plots that stipulate organic gardening requirements and let you grow food.  AAAAAHHHH!

Am I worried that I have NO IDEA what I'm doing?  That I've never grown so much as a weed successfully?  And I have to start Sunday?  Nope.  I'm just envisioning a large bounty of plump heirloom tomatoes and gorgeous bell peppers--maybe some herbs.  OOoooh....melons....can I do melons?  It's a pretty big plot...

So, even though I am nowhere near getting to the topics of "Adventure", "Recreation", or "Education", I think they just dropped into my lap.  May not seem like much of an adventure to anyone else, it is to me.

So exciting!....

They probably wouldn't allow a fruit tree, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment